Sunday, June 14, 2009

Best Day of the Year!




I don't care what anyone says, birthdays are a BIG DEAL!

I love my birthday. It's fabulous. It reminds me that I'm moving somewhere. Age isn't an issue for me. I know people who are my age and think, "Oh man, I'm freakin' OLD!" So? Even if you are each new era of your life is full of fabulous new experiences and something to look forward to learning from.

I love knowing that I have one day out of the year where I can find an excuse to spend time with those I care the most about. I also like to look back at the last year spent in my life and think of all that sucked, then I try to figure out why that stuff sucked and then I make a plan to shape the next year of my life into what I want. So yeah, I guess it's like a second New Year's resolution; though not really because this is more personal and more affective. (I can't take stuff seriously when I know everyone else is doing it.)

I love making people feel good on there birthdays as well. They deserve a moment of self-appreciation. We always look down at selfishness and pride, but I think we also push it into a lack of self-esteem and self-respect. So it's important to remind those around you how much value they really have in your life. It feels AWESOME to feel loved by those around you. So give back to the people who love you and let them know how awesome they are, particularly on their birthday.

It's late and I'm totally rambling and probably don't make much sense. So I'll just stop.

I'll just have you all know that my birthday was FABULOUS. I honestly didn't do a whole lot, but I was given opportunities to feel loved by those around me. And that's what made it so good. So thank you to all who were a part of my day in some way or other. I love you all.

(I had a request to post the Anthropologie clothes I got. So I did. That's them there. A fabulous top and pair of shorts.)

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! way cute! i can't wait to see that shirt on you, it's absolutely adorable. way to go joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... I just found your real blog. And it's adorable and witty and good. Just like you. Miss you darling!

    ReplyDelete