Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My List

My LIST of places (see previous post), in a somewhat geographical order, of the places I'd like to see before I die:

(What are some of your destinations? Have you been to any of mine?)

Ta Prohm Temple - Cambodia
I want to see the trees in particular here
Luang Prabang Waterfalls- Thailand

Sigiriya- Sri Lanka
I want to climb up and stand atop this chunk of granite

Yaku-Shima- Japan
Hopefully I can get a glance of Mount Fuji while I'm over there too.

Guilin Hills- China

Wolong Nature Reserve- China

Mount Lushan- China

Singing Sands, Gobi Desert- Mongolia

Mount Bromo & Tengger Highlands- Indonesia

Komodo Island- Indonesia

The Polar Plateau- Antarctica
And also I'd like to see some of the famous Antarctic Sea Ice while I'm chillin' out down there.

White Island- New Zealand
Mostly I'd just like to fly over it, but if I get the chance I will want to climb around on this volcano.

Fiorland- New Zealand

Mount Taranaki- New Zealand

Cape Kidnappers- New Zealand

Rotorua Geothermal Region- New Zealand

Twelve Apostles- Australia

Nullarbor Plain- Australia

Kata Tjuta- Australia

Great Barrier Reef- Australia

Mossman Gorge- Australia

Rapa Nui (Easter Island)

Bora Bora- French Polynesia

Palau- Micronesia

Mount Kilauea- Hawaii

Mauna Kea- Hawaii

Ascension Island- Off the cost of Africa
I'd of course only go during baby-seaturtle season

The Maldives- Indian Ocean

Ennedi Gorge- Chad

Blue Nile Falls- Ethiopia

Mount Elgon's Elephant Caves- Kenya/Uganda

Murchision Falls- Uganda

Mount Kilimanjaro- Tanzania

Virunga Mountains- Democratic Republic of Congo

Victoria Falls- Zimbabwe

Mana Pools National Park- Zimbabwe

Darkensberg- South Africa

Cape Point- South Africa

Blyde River Canyon- South Africa


Masada- Israel

Dead Sea- Jordan

Cedars of Lebanon- Lebanon

Pigeon rocks- Lebanon

Meteora- Greece

Mount Olympus- Greece

Mallos De Riglos- Spain

Plitvice Lakes- Croatia


Krimml Falls- Austria

Cevennes Gorge- France

Rhone River- France/Switzerland

Mount Vertoux- France

The Ardeche Gorges- France

Le Puy-De-Dome- France

Cliffs of Moher- Ireland


Giant's Causeway- Northern Ireland

Jurassic Coast- England

The Roaches- England

Lochaber Mountains- Scotland

Great Glen and Lock Ness- Scotland

St. Kilda Archipelago- Scotland

Aurora Borealis- Finland

Geiranger Fjord- Norway

Iguazu Falls- Brazil

Altiplano- Bolivia/Chile/Peru

Machu Picchu- Peru

Galapagos Islands- Ecuador

Aparados Da Serra National Park- Brazil

Autana Tepui- Venezuela

1 comment:

  1. Pidge! Take me with you if you go! Especially when you go to Thailand, etc. and France. I can translate... kinda. ;-) I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete