Thursday, December 9, 2010

Romantic Cremation?

I've been telling everyone for years that I want to be cremated, and I don't think people believe me.

The idea is this:

I have a list of places I really want to see before I die. Sometimes I add places to the list, and other times I reassemble their priority on the list.

Now, as much as I like to travel, I have a feeling I won't quite make it to all these places. So, when I die, those who love me take my remains, burn them to ashes, put them in an urn, and go to each of the places I didn't get around to. At each place they let some of me go, (preferably in a strikingly beautiful spot.) This way I get to 'see' all the places on my list.

But here's the catch, not only do my remains experience the beauties of this world, but those who love me enough to cart an urn around the world have the opportunity and excuse to see the marvels of the world as well. So I'm not entirely selfish here.

This has been my plan since jr. high.... Now that I'm married I'm not quite sure what I want. Well that's not true. Ideally my husband and I die within five minutes of each other, we're burned up together and share an urn. (Why does this sound so romantic to me?) Then together we're spread around all these places, only he gets to add some to the list too :)

Because I HAVE begun to check off some spots on my list, another issue has arisen: I want also to return to some of the places I've been. So when I die, look for the stars next to the check marks, because you're going to be heading there too.

These are my current desires for my remains. If you are truly interested in learning more about my list, stay tuned as I'm about to post some locations and pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so you. And, it reminded me of something Anne of green gables would want. Not a bad thing, but just made me think of it.

    ReplyDelete