Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Comforts in a Wet and Dreary World

This has been the wettest spring in the history of my memory. It's been raining or snowing at least once a week ever since "winter", when it was full on snowing weekly. I guess that's just Utah.

Keeping spirits up can be hard when you have such a dreary world around you, but thank goodness for the colors that help define Spring. The mountains are so green this time of year and all the flower bulbs are sprouting. All the trees have started blooming too, and, of course, those are just pure beauty right there. How ideal! Not only do we get gorgeous flowers in the flower beds or on the wild mountainsides, but we briefly get to enjoy them as little buds and blossoms, stretching out from the tree's branches.

Outside our apartment window there runs a short row of trees. We moved in August and we did not like those trees. They lead the way to the parking lot and they drop squishy little fruits that are small enough to be difficult to lean up and squishy enough to splat on the cement as they fall. What a mess. I wondered why the people who originally landscaped around the complex would have chosen them, they're just more work.


Then I woke up one morning and opened my blinds. the trees had literally transformed overnight.













They went from regular bare twigs and branches to these gorgeous fuschia blossom-branches.













How glorious. I love seeing them every morning now.














And to bring in the spirit of Spring even stronger, Joey noticed this little nest in the branches right outside. No eggs, but still...!


Oh Joy! I do love the Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Oh happy! I love blossoms, especially pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these trees! and every time I see one now I think of your post. Also, my blog address has changed. It's now: lindseypilgrim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete