Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Who Said Formal Was a Bad Thing?

What makes something classy I wonder? So many things could be labeled with this adjective, and yet I feel there really is a strict definition required behind it.

Well anyway, I'll try and get more to the point: I've never in my life been very drawn to wearing black. It's not really my color of choice, UNLESS it's a dress. In fact, I have a hard time staying away from black dresses. They're just so classy.

I realize, however, that it probably has a lot to do with my passion for stuff like this:



And this:



and this:


This dress isn't black, I know, but I still love it.

See classy right? I love pictures like this, I love including myself in the fantasies I spin relating to this stuff. I just love everything about this genre. Isn't it gorgeous?? Doesn't it make you want to do your hair all fancy and slip into so girly heels, or something?

Am I crazy for being so passionate about this sort of stuff? I know I'll probably never really go to a party where there are gorgeous chandeliers, a band, and EVERYONE is dressed to the theme, but we can imagine.

One day, when I can afford it, I plan to throw lots of parties like this. The kind where people go out and buy a pretty dress in anticipation. I wouldn't invite anyone who wouldn't take it seriously. And people would really dance and speak politely and eat fancy finger foods...

Sigh.

Am I crazy here? Do you wish for beautiful parties like this too? Would anyone come and enjoy a party with me if I even threw one?

2 comments: