Monday, September 14, 2009

The Rainbow Connection



So school seems to be much more difficult for me this semester. And I was actually really struggling recently as I tried and failed to stay on top of my homework. And then, ta da, miracle of miracles, I rediscovered my secret to good study patterns: colored pens. 

It sounds like a joke, and I'm sure you had to reread that line several times to make sure you understood it, but yes, I find myself much more driven to complete homework and to study when I write and organize everything with different colors of ink.

Yesterday, while studying my Italian vocab I used the colors brown, red and yellow. It was great fun. So while I was learning how to say iron in Italian, I also managed to make the page look pretty with beautiful fall colors, which suited my mood very well.

These are the pens I use, and I love them. Their Staedtler triplus fineliner. :) Incase you were interested.

I highly recommend this method to anyone who struggles in their studies. It gives your brain a good excuse to exercise its right hemisphere, as well as the left. 

So there you go. Happy studying to you. Let me know if it works for you or not.

3 comments:

  1. haha! oh you are too cute! jason recently bought that same pack. i had some last year but i'm pretty sure they've run out of ink by now. anyhow, i miss you. let me know when you come up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason it posted me as someone else. i think someone at work forgot to sign out of their account and so that comment was really from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I pretty much live for those pens. Glad to see you are getting back in the swing of studying. I wish I wasn't.

    ReplyDelete